March 2, 2008

Family Time

Here are some pictures from Friday evening. We were just hanging out in Ella's room. The boys were hiding in their "secret hiding spot" aka under Ella's bed. Yes, that is correct....Jason somehow manuevers himself under her crib so that they can hide from me. I am not sure how he does this, he is clearly not a small guy. Ella was laying on her rug and I looked down and Quin had come to lay beside her. It was really sweet, Quin loves her and always wants to be near her and tries to kiss her when she cries.

As I sat there watching the boys play and looking at little Ella, I once again was overwhelmed with gratitude for my family. After a few tough days, I was brought back to the place that God always brings me, which is the place of feeling thankful for all that I am given. My friend Meredith's blog is titled "Crazy, Beautiful Life" and I love that so much. I think about how my life has changed in the past 6 weeks and that is the perfect description for it. It is often crazy, chaotic and wild, but at the same time so beautiful. I find beauty in seeing Jackson kiss Ella and tell her he loves her and wants to take care of her, in hearing him sing the ABC's to her when she cries, in watching my babies sleep, in seeing the amazing father that Jason has become, in the few moments that Jason and I have to just sit and be together. I could go on and on about how I love this crazy, beautiful life.


3 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

I absolutely love your sweet post! Your family is so precious and I totally relate to how you are feeling- I have that same overwhelming feeling of love & gratitude for my Tanner & Shane. Reading your sweet words & seeing your precious pictures makes me so excited to have a little brother or sister for Tanner one day! I just love your little family! :)

Meredith said...

Kara just wrote everything that I was feeling as I was reading this post! So true! We miss you guys so much.

The Curtis Family said...

SO sweet... And how DID he fit under there?? Dumb question, but do you still have your beagle hound? That dog was so cute! Ever since I saw it, I have wanted one.