October 16, 2007

Fun times with good friends

We have been so blessed to spend time with great friends this past week. Last Thursday, one of my best friends from high school, Kim, came to visit us. She had baby Cannon in April and this was the first time that we have met him...sad, but well worth the wait! He is so adorable and the sweetest baby!








We had a great time catching up and Jackson loved him. So much that he climbed up in the pack and play to sit with him. Jackson also wanted to play in the exersaucer like Cannon...something is not right with this picture.



I love you Kimmie and I am so glad we got to spend so much time together!

Saturday was a great day too. Our sweet friend Robin works for the Make a Wish Foundation and she coordinated their annual walk, Race for Wishes, this year. It was a fundraising event held in Sundance Square in Ft. Worth. We got up early and headed down there for the walk. It was so much fun and such an incredible cause. I have had it on my heart for about a year to volunteer with Make a Wish and this was my first step in beginning that process. I am so excited about being able to work with these amazing children. Here are a few pics from the walk. Great job Robin!!





And my favorite one of the day...my boys making silly faces :)



Next, we went on to watch our precious nephew, Heston, all day while Shadie got ready for her sister's wedding. We got him all dressed up in his tux (you have never seen anything cuter!) and headed to Cleburne for the wedding. We got a small taste of what it will be like with 2 kids and trying to gather ourselves together to get somewhere in a timely manner. Let's just start praying for some organizational skills that don't come easy for me! The wedding was beautiful and Kolbie was stunning, I will post a picture when I get one.

I got to spend Sunday at Jazen's house for a Southern Living party. It was so fun spending time with friends, some that I had not seen in a long time, and this week I get to have dinner with some college friends! I love all of my friends so much and I am so thankful that God has blessed me with you all. Jackson has a Veggie Tales CD, and in one part it talks about friends being little presents from God and that could not be more true :)

0 comments: