May 29, 2008

Jackson's last day of school

Today was Jackson's last day of school. I was so sad...I know this is so silly, but I cried when I dropped him off this morning. We have had such a wonderful year, with the best teachers that we could have asked for. We prayed so hard for him to have loving, patient, kind, and fun teachers that would love him, comfort him and treat him like their own. Our prayers were answered with Ms. Valerie and Ms. Marcia in the fall. Marcia left after the fall semester and I was devastated. I realize I was hormonal, but I cried like a baby when she told us she was leaving. I was so nervous about who would take her place, and how Jackson would respond to the change. Once again, God answered our prayers and gave us Ms. Patricia. She is just as wonderful as Marcia was. Valerie and Patricia (& Marcia) were the best teachers and I begged them to move up with the Bunny class to the 3 year old class! I am so thankful that Jackson had such a great first year of school and it was largely in part to these women. He also made many friends and loves them all so much. Last fall, when we would say our prayers at night, he would always thank God for his teachers and his "Jesus friends." I am not sure where he got that, but it made us smile every time he said it. Jackson also fell in love this year. He has a little friend named Bristan (Brissy) and they are IN LOVE!! They hug and kiss when they see each other and he tells people that she is his girlfriend. So cute!

On Tuesday Valerie and Patricia gave us a CD of pictures that they took of the class over the year, and they individualized each CD for each child in the class. It was put to the song "Let them be little" and of course, made me cry! It was such a thoughtful and precious gift. Some of my favorites were of him praying at lunch, hugging his friends, dancing and sleeping on his little nap mat. I will try and download them so I can put a slide show on here.

Here are a few pictures of J with his teachers and friends.

Valerie, Jackson, Marcia on the 1st day of school



Patricia, Jackson & Valerie on the last day of school


Brissy & Jackson


Jackson & Tyler

0 comments: