September 11, 2008

My Jackson

This little guy...

has been cracking me up lately. Well, he always does, but he has had some funny things to say to me this week. I wanted to post them because I feel that they capture his little personality. On Sunday I wore a green strapless dress to church. We drove into the parking lot and Jackson suddenly says, "Mommy! You're naked!" I laughed and told him he was silly and that I was not naked, and had on a dress. He persisted with, "You are naked on your back." J and I are both laughing at him and he says, "Mommy, you can't be naked in church!"

On Monday we went to the Gap and were looking for the Batman shirt in a toddler size. He has been wanting this t-shirt and I told him that we would get it. They did not have it in the store, but had Superman. He decided that he wanted the Superman shirt instead. J has a Superman t-shirt - that was his childhood hero :) so Jackson wanted to be like daddy. I explained to him that I would get that one, but that meant that he would not be getting the Batman one, so he really needed to decide which he really wanted. Being the negotiator that he is, he started trying to make a deal with me. I repeated myself that he had to choose one. (the Gap sales people are laughing at this debate) He thinks for a minute and says, "I will get the Superman one here, and I will get the Batman one on-line." On-line?? What 3 year old talks about things being on-line? We cracked up and then he told me that Superman was also ok, because I would be buying him the Batman costume for Halloween.

Many times over the past few weeks he stops to tell me, "Mommy, I sure do love you. You are the best mommy." It does not get any better than that to hear your baby say those words to you.

I am so in love with this little boy. God has blessed me so much with him and I could not be more thankful. We have had some rough weeks lately, but this past one has been full of funny, sweet moments. The 3's are a big challenge, but also so wonderful because the level of understanding that he has is growing so much and the conversations that we have are so special. I want to put a book on his head and keep him little forever!

3 comments:

Kara Wilson said...

What a precious little boy you have! I love that you are documenting all your cute conversations! He is so lucky to have you for his mommy!

lisette said...

Jackson is too funny! He has such a great little personality!! So sweet.

Susan said...

Carrie,

I really enjoyed getting to watch you and Jason interacte with your precious children. I have read this blog about 3 times and I went back and read through the journal I keep for Izabella from when she was three to five and I can so relate to the rough moments. I know that it's different with Mommy's and little boys but you have Ella now and I can just tell you that, to me, this is the most challenging thing that I've ever done is to raise a child. The most rewarding as well and it is so freaking :) cool to watch you be a Mommy! I love you and hopefully we can get back to TX soon and be closer, I would love to raise out kids to really know each other! I love you, hope to see you sooner than later! Give everyone big hugs and kisses from us and we'll talk to you soon!
-Susan