June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

We had a wonderful day on Sunday celebrating Father's Day! Nanny, Grandpa, Aunt Ashley, YaYa and Heston all came over for lunch and Jason made a fabulous meal! (I know - he did majority of the cooking...he is just a better cook than me!) We enjoyed each others company, ate lunch, played with the kids and then all settled in for a nap. It was so relaxing and nice to just be together. I was sad that I did not get to spend it with my daddy, but he will be here on Wednesday so we will celebrate then. I am so thankful for my dad and he is such a wonderful man. Solid. If you need anything, he is there, anytime, anywhere. He is so much fun and I love seeing him as a grandfather to Jackson and Ella. He loves them so much and enjoys every minute he gets to spend with them. I love him more than words can express and am so grateful to him for the many years that he has taken care of me. I am also extremely lucky to have Scotty as my father-in-law. He is a great man and loves with his whole heart to all around him. He does so much for us and I am honored to be a part of the Irons family. Now onto my Jason...

Today is such a special day to celebrate you and all that you do for our family. Jackson and Ella are blessed beyond measure in having you as their Daddy. You are gentle, loving, compassionate, silly, strong, and the best daddy that they could have. I am proud of you and seeing you as a father is a feeling that I can't explain. It warms my heart to see you love on them and comfort them when they are hurt or sad. You are more than I could ask for in a husband, father and friend. We have had some hard times in the past few years and your strength continues to amaze me and I just hope and pray that we have many, many years ahead to love each other. You have a great example of a father and you are following right in his footsteps. Your eyes and smile light up the room and I could not love you more. Thanks for loving and taking care of us, we could not be more thankful. And did I mention how handsome you are??

















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are both so amazing and I am so glad Heston has them to look up to!!!