August 21, 2008

7 months

Ella bean turned 7 months old on Monday! What a doll baby we have, although she does have quite a bit of sass to her...baby girl loves to be held! I can't complain, there will be a day that she does not want us to hold her all of the time. I love hearing her in the morning when she wakes up and talks in her bed and seeing her sweet face light up when she sees us. What a great way to start my day! She is so happy and such a giggle box! She thinks Jackson is hilarious and he keeps her *entertained (see below) constantly. Some of my favorite moments are when we are driving in the car and I hear her start to giggle at him. He says the silliest words to her and she laughs as though she knows what he is saying and it is the funniest thing she has ever heard. "Nucka-doodle" is a favorite, and no, I do not have a clue where that came from. She gets bashful when people talk to her and she lays her head down on my shoulder and grins. It is so sweet! She is babbling and has figured out how to make noises when she sticks her hand to her mouth and moves it up and down. She is growing like a champ and loving eating solids. Bananas are her favorite, just like her bubba. She gets really excited when she sees her bottle or her food. And she screams when you take it from her when she is done (she is an Irons, what can she say?) She is not crawling yet, but is getting very close. She is starting to move from sitting up to her belly and is trying to push up. She has 3 teeth now, 2 on the bottom and one on the top...and not in the middle. I noticed that she was itching her gums and so I went to feel in there and felt a new tooth. I quickly realized that it was not one of the top middle teeth, but one of the ones to the left of where her big teeth will be. A fang. My beautiful baby girl is getting a fang! Her YaYa had the nerve to say to me, "At least she is getting it in time for Halloween!" Not funny to me. I am just praying that the others come in. Quickly.

Ella is a wonderful baby and we thank God for her everyday. She is such a blessing to our family and it is hard to remember what life was like without her. We love you Ella!






*Entertained. Be careful when using this word with a 3 year old. One evening I was folding clothes in the laundry room so I had Ella in her jumper in the doorway. Jackson was playing in his room and she started to fuss. I was almost finished so I asked Jackson to "keep Ella entertained" for a few minutes while I finished up. I heard him talking to her and then I heard, "WHEEEE! WHEEEE!" Mind you, I was a mere 4 feet away from her. I turned around and Jackson has a hold of the jumper as high as his little hands could reach and he is swinging her back and forth as hard as he can (this is not an exaggeration). It horrified me and I squealed and he quickly realized this was not a good idea. I lunged to stop her and both of their eyes were wide as saucers. Jackson immediately starts saying, "Sorry mommy, sorry mommy. I probably should not do that." Probably not.

1 comments:

chrissy said...

Don't worry about the fang. E's first tooth was a fang, but by the time it was totally in she had some other ones. If not, she'll look adorable with a little
fang ;-)