February 4, 2008

Having a moment...

Ok, I am having a moment and wanted to post. I have several things on my mind. First of all, my best friend Carlien had her baby boy, Liam Ryan, on the 27th. He was born at 32 weeks and I am so thankful to report that he is doing AWESOME!! He weighed 4 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long! He came out needing zero oxygen help and continues to breathe on his own! He is feeding great - already nursing. Carlien and Ryan are doing well, and little Micah got to see his baby brother for the first time on Saturday. I am so thankful for this little guy and can't wait for him to get home so we can introduce him to his girlfriend,
Ella :)
I have also been following this blog of this baby named Coy who was born at 23 weeks. http://prayforcoy.blogspot.com It is a friend of a friend and this little boy, just like Liam, is amazing...such a fighter. I check the blog every morning to read the latest post from his mom. This morning she was talking about how she feels a little bit cheated bc she did not get to experience a "normal" pregnancy and that she did not get to feel big pregnant and enjoy being that cute pregnant woman. I sat here and looked over at Ella and just thanked God for allowing me to experience this amazing thing called pregnancy, not once, but twice. As I was reading her blog, tired and feeling drained from having a 2 week old, I suddenly felt like God was shaking me saying, "Are you kidding me? This mother would do absolutely anything to be up in the middle of the night with her baby! Be grateful!" SO...enough feeling sorry for me and my lack of sleep. Please keep these two babies in your prayers - that they will continue to do well, and be home from the NICU as soon as possible. All of this, in my sappy moment, makes me come back to the fact that life is so precious and that it can all change in a split second. Be thankful for your family and friends, love each other and don't take the time we have for granted. Thanks for letting me share my moment. Love to you all.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

What a wake-up call to us all. Whenever I get down about my pregnancy and the future pregnancies, it's a reminder that there are always worse situations than mine.

On a lighter note - LOVE the blog layout and the updates! I wish we could have talked more when we came over, but I'll hopefully see you soon!