Tonight when we were putting Jackson to bed we said our prayers and I asked him if he knew how much his mommy and daddy loved him. He said yes, and then I asked him if he knew who loved him the most of all. He said, "Who?" and we told him that God loves him the very most and that God has a very special plan for him. The rest of the conversation is something that Jason and I will never forget. We agreed that it was one of the sweetest moments that we have had as parents so far. Jackson said, "But I don't see God." Jason began to tell him that God sees him and that He watches him all of the time and that God lives in his heart. He asked how God gets into his heart and Jason told him that all he has to do is to ask God to be in his heart. Jackson whispered so soft and so sweet, "God, will you come in my heart??" Tears. He then wanted us to ask God into our hearts. How innocent and precious is that 3 year old little boy? It amazes me how at such a young age a child can begin to grasp the concept of God's love. It melts my heart to see him begin to understand. I know he does not fully get it, but isn't it really this simple??
July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
So Sweet!! I love the new look, how did you get that header? So pretty!
Carrie, what will we do with these kids. They teach us the things that we have seem to have stray from. We should all strive to be that pure and inoscent again. I hope you don't mind but I shared that story with my pastor and a story of Jack. I thought maybe it would inspire a sermon or atleast he could share it with someone and inspire them in life. I love you and I love those babies. Love and Blessings-Kolbie
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! I like the new blog look.
Hey sweet friend! What a precious conversation! Your children are adorable! They have gotten so big! Your blog is too cute!
God Bless
Jenn Smith
Post a Comment